Tuesday, November 8, 2016

What I'm doing

In a month, I will have finished the fifth course of my eight-course Graduate Liberal Studies program at Simon Fraser University. That's four journal/essays, one term paper and two books to go. Much of my life these days is either at my computer downstairs, surrounded by books, or upstairs on the couch, also surrounded by books, and, preferably, the cat.

Here's what my life looks like these days, photos courtesy of John:

Hard at work. Right now I'm writing papers on Virginia Woolf's To the Lighthouse and Frantz Fanon's The Wretched of The Earth, about French colonialism in Algeria.

The other end. You have to read before you can write, and  I make it as comfortable as possible with books and slippers to hand, and lots of blankets.

The best is when Mr. Darcy is involved. Here he is, four paws up, sound asleep while I look for some serious course materials on my iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment