Sunday, March 12, 2017

Emi's lunch diary

Okay, here we are at Auntie Carrot and Uncle John's favourite lunch place, the Savary Island Pie Company in West Vancouver on Sunday. The adults seem pretty happy that we got a table by the window and a high chair for me. I'm just waiting for the action to start.

My mom Aya has brought along a portable keep-Emi-happy kit -- a colouring book, crayons, Sharpies and stickies in a plastic bag. Auntie Carrot supervises over her glasses. We're both ignoring the muffin for the moment.

Mom and dad ordered me a grilled-cheese sandwich, but the colouring book is way more interesting. Auntie Carrot took this picture of me ignoring the food while my parents eat and talk.


Mom says it's time to go. More adventures ahead!

My parents wrap up my leftovers to take home; I think they will enjoy the grilled cheese sandwich later. 

On the way to coffee (Uncle John says Savary's coffee isn't up to his standard, so we're going to another place), the adults all start laughing at this truck. The driver seems pretty happy; he laughs too.


At the coffee place, I get hot chocolate instead. It's thick and creamy; like a warm milkshake. Auntie Carrot took a picture showing that  I like it a lot.

After chocolate, we go for a walk in the rain. Mom and I have a good time in this puddle.

Auntie Carrot looks horrified at something my dad is showing her on his smartphone. Something about a tower at Science World where my dad thought he'd lost me. They wouldn't let adults into the tower so I had fun all on my own.

Here I am in  the little train in the park. It doesn't move, so mom makes choo-choo noises to make it seem like we 're going somewhere.
My favourite part of the whole day. I ride on mom's back while she runs along the seawall, making bucking motions every few steps. I'm sure it's just like riding a horse, and it doesn't tire her out at all.

See how energized mom looks! I think everybody had a good time taking me to lunch, especially Uncle John, who entertained himself by taking all these pictures of me! 

1 comment: